Last week we talked about reasons to hire a personal trainer. I am SUPER excited for those of you who took the leap. It is worth it – I promise.
However – a number of you are going it on your own. No worries ….. you are strong and I believe in you – even the days when you would prefer to hit the snooze. I believe in you – even those days when you planned to workout after work and then your actual work gets in the way. I believe in you – even those days when you get on your workout clothes and then get sucked into another episode of Scandal (or a rerun of SVU). I believe in you …. even then! Remember you are strong – and you will feel so much better after you workout. I promise!
So – I wanted to share with you the wisdom I have collected from trainers over the years. Here you go! Enjoy!
- Listen to your body.
- Don’t worry about anyone else but yourself. When you are in the gym it is all about you.
- Exercise without a plan is just a workout. Exercise with a plan and a purpose is training. Make sure you are training.
- Don’t forget to breathe.
- Be happy. Put a smile on your face and just do it.
- Set small realistic goals and make progress toward those goals every day.
- Throw away the scale. Let mirrors, clothes and your feelings reflect your progress.
- Don’t diet – it is a lifestyle change.
- It’s not supposed to be easy – if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
- Be consistent with everything. Training, diet, sleep and supplement regimen. Consistency may sound boring, but it gets results.
- Find your motivation.
- Wellness is a lifestyle- embrace it every second of the day.
- Nobody will ever be as qualified to run your body as you are. Listen to it.
- Keep coming back! Even when your hating! Your effort will be rewarded!
Move your body, put good things in and ENJOY every day!