Water. Water. Water! I am sure you hear it all of the time – but it still surprises me when people tell me that they don’t drink water. I happen to love water – drinking it, swimming in it, paddling on it. I love water!
I am sure you know that proper hydration is essential for good health, blah, blah, blah – right? Some of you are just thinking – how boring! 8 glasses a day? Yuck! Well – let me introduce you to homemade fruit and herb infused water. Nothing boring about that! Plus, it takes less than 5 minutes to make – it is packed with nutrients and will put a smile on your face. Yep! Trust me – you will find this SO much fun that you will be happily refilling your glass all day long!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 quart mason jar or pitcher
- Still or sparkling water
- Wooden spoon
- Fruit and herbs of your choice (See below for some awesome combinations!)
How To Make Fruit and Herb Infused Water:
- Gather the ingredients from whichever fruit and herb flavor combination you decide to make (options below.) Feel free to experiment with your own combinations!
- Put the sliced fruit, and herbs, and/or spices in the bottom of your glass jar or pitcher and lightly squish with a wooden spoon to release the fruit juices for flavor.
- Fill the jar with still or sparkling water. If you’d like a little extra sweetness after tasting, add a natural sweetener like honey or agave.
- Drink, smile and enjoy now or leave in the fridge overnight to get the max taste!
1 small lime, sliced
1 pint raspberries
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup blackberries
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
½ cup pineapple, cubed
1 small orange, sliced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
The possibilities are endless. Besides the three above I also love Watermelon-Rosemary and Mint-Cucumber-Lemon. Remember getting enough water every day will help you feel more energized, alert, and happy. Leave your favorites in the comments below!
Move your body, put good things in and ENJOY every day!